Thursday, May 24, 2012

Water bears

I am learning as much as I can about wastewater microbiology in preperation for State of Maine Class 5 wastewater exam.  I am preparing for this test, even though I have at least a year and a half before I can even sit for it.  Most people fail this test at least once, some fail it multiple times before they finally pass it.  I want to be able to say that I passed it the first time (did I just jinx myself?). 

The water bear is one of the higher forms of life that can be observed during a microscope examination of mixed liquor in an activated sludge plant.  I am intrigued by this little bugger, as are my kids.  I saw this neat poster by Alex Chitty on the blog the small science collective and wanted to post it here.  Here's the web address for the blog and post. 



No comments:

Post a Comment