Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Decisions and other things

I have been racking my brain, as of late, on how I want this blog to look like.  After looking at multiple other blogs, I have decided to go with the design that I have.  I lack both experience and aptitude when dealing with the graphic arts.  The title of this blog comes from gaming room that I setup at itabletop.com, and may be a bit deceiving.  First Edition AD&D is a favorite RPG and I want to have many posts dealing with it.  That being said, there are also many other RPGs that I own and have or will produce material for that I would like to share. 

The Renaissance of older editions of Dungeons and Dragons is awesome.  I am lucky to either own physical copies of books, modules and supplements, or have .PDFs of the same.  It was a real shame when Wizards of the Co$t stopped selling their older edition material on sites such as rpgnow.com and drivethrurpg.com.  I guess I was blessed that I was able to pick up a majority of the material that I was lacking before they started their sales moratorium.  I think that it's great that other fans have released their own versions or material of older editions, and have viewed as much as time has allowed. 

I laugh at the decision that Wizards of the Co$t has made in creating a new edition.  I understand the business reasoning behind this decision, but I still get a kick out of it.  Their staunch apologists defended them tooth and nail, and have done so since the Third Edition came out.  I have made the 'mistake' of posting my views and have been beaten like a red-headed step child for it.  They squeeze as much money as they can from their loyal followers, then toss them aside when a new edition is created.  I guess I need to get over my bad self, as I am still disgusted when Second Edition came out in the late 1980's.  TSR was the culprit then, as Wizards of the Co$t is now.


I have to admit that I do like THAC0!  ;).  Good bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment